January 2020 Exam Schedule
EXAMINATION RULES & PROCEDURES
ST. MARTIN DE PORRES HIGH SCHOOL
- Please check the exam calendar carefully for exam dates and times. Missing an exam due to misreading the schedule is not a valid excuse.
- All exams begin at 9:00 am.
- Students should arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time of each exam.This allows students time to go to lockers to hang up coats, store backpacks, books, and electronics, and report to the gym. These items are not permitted in the gym.
- Students are not permitted to wear hoodies, sweaters, cardigans, etc. with pockets in the examination room.
- Only clear water bottles are permittedTime limits have been simplified this year. The additional half hour previously allowed is now included in the official time.Students must stay in the exam for at least one hour.
- Students arriving one hour past the start of a diploma exam will not be permitted to write the exam.
- There is to be no talking or communication between students once they have entered the examination room
- Students writing exams must have a valid photo ID and Alberta Student Number. St. Martin de Porres visual ID is recommended.
- Students who bring authorized materials into the examination room are responsible for ensuring they are completely free of notes or other prohibited material. Authorized materials may include, depending on the course, a calculator, ruler, protractor, print dictionary, print thesaurus, and print writing handbook. Teachers will inform students as to what materials are allowed for each exam. If unsure, students should check with their teacher to confirm which materials are authorized for each exam.
- Students may not bring any papers, notes of any kind, or books other than those allowed (check with teacher) into the examination room. Students may not bring any headsets, digital audio players, cell phones, tablets, pagers, or other electronic devices into the examination room. No hand-held electronic dictionaries and no electronic or paper templates and/or graphic organizers are allowed. Students may not bring prohibited calculator materials into the examination room. Calculators must be cleared by a supervisor prior to entering the exam.
ANY STUDENT IN POSSESION OF MATERIALS NOT ALLOWED IN THE EXAMINATION ROOM MAY HAVE HIS/HER MARK INVALIDATED AND/OR BE EVICTED FROM THE EXAMINATION ROOM.
- Students are to come prepared with sufficient pens, pencils, erasers and any other prescribed materials for their exams.
- Students must return their books for semester one during the exam period. Books for semester two will not be available until ALL books for semester one have been returned or billed to the student’s account.