Foods uses the student centred process approach, combining thinking processes and concrete experience with as realistic an environment as possible, whether that be in an individual, family or workplace context. Students will have the ability to:
- Develop an interest in the broad base of food.
- Develop an awareness of the nutritional importance of food.
- Develop basic knowledge, skills and attitudes through the preparation of a variety of foods.
- Practise safe and sanitary food handling.
- Foster an understanding and knowledge of the multicultural food base.