Welcome to the Off-Campus Program
St. Mary’s High School offers a number of Off-Campus Programs. Students are able to earn credits in Work Experience, Dual-Credit, Exploratory, Green Certificate, Career Discovery and the Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP).
HCS 3000: WORK PLACE SAFETY SYSTEMS is a PRE-REQUISITE (1credit) CTS course for the Off-Campus Programs. This on-line course must be completed prior to registering in the Work Experience program. See Ms. Weed to register for the course.
Three of the more popular Off-Campus Education programs are:
- Did you know that if your son or daughter has a part time job they can earn credits while getting paid? One credit for every 25 hours worked.
- · 20 credits can be counted toward the 100 credits for a high school diploma. Ten work experience credits can be awarded at the 30 level.
- · Work Experience credits can be used to raise the high school average.
- · Only prerequisite is HCS3000 a one credit safety course completed online. If interested in earning work experience credits should register soon.
- · Students can earn credits all summer.
· Register with Ms. Weed
· Phone 403-988-3648 or email email@example.com
The purpose of the Dual-Credit Program is to provide opportunities for students to explore and build on their career interest. The Calgary Catholic School District in conjunction with post-secondary institutions, provide opportunities to earn high school credits, as well as post-secondary credits and/or workplace certification in the following areas:
Health Care Aide (Bow Valley College)
Nutrition for Healthy Lifestyles (SAIT)
Pharmacy Assistant (SAIT)
Pre-Employment Carpentry (SAIT)
Pre-Employment Electrician (SAIT)
Pre-Employment Plumbing (SAIT)
Pre-Employment Welding (SAIT)
Veterinary Technical Assistant (Olds College)
RAP (Registered Apprenticeship Program):
RAP is an opportunity for high school students to earn up to 40 credits towards their high school diploma while building hours towards their first year apprenticeship in one of Alberta’s more than 50 trades
For more information please go to the following site. https://www.cssd.ab.ca/Programs/Off-CampusEducation/Pages/default.aspx