Classroom Blogs/E-Boards can be a very powerful Communication tools particularly for the K-6 school community (7-12 use Brightspace).
Staff & students in the Calgary Catholic School District (CCSD) are encouraged to embark in
the social media world and use these tools to help communicate with their classroom community which aids in their Ethical, Engaged and Entrepreneurial learning. However, the following Rules of Engagement have been established to provide all stakeholders direction on the appropriate use of Social Media.
Rules of Engagement
The goal of the Calgary Catholic School District (CCSD) social media sites are to share important information with our public and engage in an open and respectful dialogue. To help us accomplish this goal we ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
- Engage in open conversation not personal issues. These sites are not intended to
circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns.
Comments regarding a personal issue with the district, a school or staff member will be
- Be respectful. Personal attacks or comments that are deemed offensive to any member of
our community will not be tolerated. Inappropriate remarks and profanity will be removed.
- Want to boost your product sales? Running for a political office? Publish a personal site
and leave ours for sharing news and insights about our district,schools and activities.
- Stay on topic. Social media sites are dedicated to the education of studentsin the CCSD.
Let’s keep the conversation related to our district,schools and activities.
- Have a question for a specific employee? Contact them privately. You should not expect
responses to every question or comment posted on these sites
- Be aware of the mission. The mission of the CCSD is education. Please ensure that your
comments are appropriate for an educational environment and fans of all ages.
- Be factual. Blatantly inaccurate information will not be allowed. False information will be
removed and factual information will be posted.
- Employees of the CCSD may have personal social media sites. Don’t be surprised or
offended if your request to friend, follow, or comment on them is ignored. District policy
encourages staff to keep their personal lives personal.
- District social media sites are yours and we want you to feel comfortable sharing your
views about CCSD schools or activities. However, abuse of the above guidelines can lead to
removal of a specific posting or the blocking/removal from our social media.