Hello Parents! Please see the attached Student Work Weekly for the week of
June 15-June 19 2020!
The work weekly is divided by Grade: 7,8,9
DLCT and DLT Support for Learning at Home
Learning will look different than in the classroom
- Remember guardians are not expected to replace the Teacher role at home. Teachers should be providing students with specific instructions and lessons related to curriculum outcomes to work on while at home.
- Support Teachers with creating online content for diverse learners by adapting lessons and providing instruction for using accommodations, for example using Read and Write in Google at home.
- For teachers already using Google Classroom, DLCT/DLTs can be added as Instructors in the classroom. If you are not sure how to set up Google Classroom, visit the Educational Technology ePD
- Support your Teachers by going to the Educational Technology ePD site and accessing
Information on How to Support Learners Online
- Create digital content and assignments by going to the subject area Consultant ePD sites to access resources and using digital resources from IMC. Online Resources & Destiny
Here are some Tips for Guardian Communication and How-to Guides
We recognize parents as being the primary educators of their children. Our school and district strives to support parents in this key role by providing the information necessary to help make decisions for your child regarding important issues.
Please see the attached Fentanyl information sheet from the Government of Alberta.
Please visit Calgary Catholic School District / Parents / Parent Support for information and resources on topics such as diverse learning needs, HPV vaccine and human sexuality curriculum.
Please note the following from the Education Act
Parents 16.2: A parent of a student has the responsibility:
(a) to take an active role in the student’s educational success, including assisting the student in complying with section 12,
(b) to ensure that the parent’s conduct contributes to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment,
(c) to co-operate and collaborate with school staff to support the delivery of specialized supports and services to the student,
(d) to encourage, foster and advance collaborative, positive and respectful relationships with teachers, principals, other school staff and professionals providing supports and services in the school, and
(e) to engage in the student’s school community.
March Healthy Children and Teens Newsletters focus on Self-Management, and Role Modeling a Healthy Relationship with Food:
March Healthy Children Newsletter: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/school/csh/if-sch-csh-mar-2020-healthy-children.pdf (English); https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/school/csh/if-sch-csh-mar-2020-des-enfants-en-sante.pdf (French)
March Healthy Teens Newsletter: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/school/csh/if-sch-csh-mar-2020-healthy-teens.pdf (English); https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/school/csh/if-sch-csh-mar-2020-des-ados-en-sante.pdf (French)