St. Stephen SCHOOL COUNCIL
INVITES YOU TO JOIN AND HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CHILD’S EDUCATION
September 21th 7:00 PM
Six Reasons to Join Council: School Council is…
1. Social: Joining Council offers a great opportunity to meet new people. (Parents, teachers and
administrators) We are a fun bunch-we promise!
2. Constructive: the rewarding feeling of seeing projects from their initiation to completion and the impact it has on the children. Our committee makes good things happen.
3. Educational: It provides great information sharing around issues in education. Learn about:
curriculum, staffing, operations and policies.
4. Responsible for Fiscal Planning: Every year Council looks for ways to enhance each child’s education by providing additional programs and events with money provide by school fundraising. Our committee has input into where your dollars are best spent.
5. Political: Council contributes to community issues and has a role in advocating for changes in public education.
6. Supportive: Council is representative of our parent community and has a role in hearing their concerns and assisting or advising them on solutions and available resources.
School Council is a fantastic way to get tapped into the school community. Being an active member opens the door to countless opportunities and enrichment for our children. School Council is always hoping that more parents will share their ideas and their time to keep our great programs and commitments alive.
*Please note you do NOT have to be on the executive to attend parent council meetings. As long as you have a child registered at St. Stephen you are welcome at any time, and your voice always counts!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Candice at email@example.com