SCHOOL COUNCIL EXECUTIVE
Our Chairperson can be reached at email@example.com.
We encourage our parent community to come and participate in our Parent Council
Our meeting take place in the Learning Commons from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Meeting Dates for 2020-2021:
- Monday, September 21 -AGM
- Monday, October 19
- Monday, November 23
- Monday, January 18
- Monday, February 22
- Monday, March 15
- Monday, May 17 – AGM
Meeting Dates for 2019-2020
- September 30th, 2019
- October 21st, 2019
- November 18th, 2019
- January 20th, 2020
- February 24th, 2020
- March 16th, 2020
- May 25th, 2020-postponed to September
School councils provide an opportunity for parents, school administration, teachers, community members and students to work together towards achieving a more vibrant and effective school community. All parents with children attending school are members of their local school council and are encouraged to participate in council activities. Councils usually meet on a monthly basis. In addition, school council chairs meet with one another, district administrators and members of the Board of Trustees at district-wide meetings.
School councils, working with their principals, create a community spirit that makes a school more than just a school. They create a learning environment where students feel the commitment of their principal, teachers and parents working toward a common goal: creating teaching and learning environments where students reach their potential and achieve at the highest levels in all areas of learning.
School Council Resources
School Council Mission
Our School Council mission is to actively and effectively support and advise St. Timothy administration and teaching staff on any manner related to cooperatively achieving the "School Core Purpose" and Goal Statements.
School Council Core Purpose
Our purpose is to:
- Educate students within an atmosphere of Catholic faith and to equip and encourage them to reach their fullest potential so they will be prepared for life's journey with confidence, wisdom and maturity.
- Support education and learning excellence whereby students achieve to the best of their ability and are highly successful on both provincial achievement tests and grade twelve diploma exams.
- Fully prepare and equip all students for their post-secondary career pathways through timely, comprehensive and documented post-secondary career planning processes consistent with the Calgary Catholic School Districts expectations
Role of School Council
In keeping with the School Act and the School Councils Regulation, the purpose of the school council is:
- To provide advice (input) to the principal and staff on issues of importance such as, but not limited to, school philosophy, mission and vision; school core purpose and goals, school discipline policies; programs and directions; and budget allocations for the purpose of meeting the students needs and accomplishing the above stated School Core Purposes and Goals.
- To stimulate involvement by all members of the school community
- To facilitate collaboration among all the concerned participants of the school community.
- To support a collaborative decision making atmosphere in the school community
- To communicate with the school board and senior administration in cooperation with the principal.
Calgary Separate School District
Calgary Catholic School Council Information Page
Government of Alberta Information
Alberta Education School Council Page School Councils Regulations
School Council Handbook School Council Resource Manual
School Council Links
Alberta School Council Association Catholic Trustees Association Alberta School Board Association Calgary