Guidance counsellors assist students in solving problems related to choosing, planning, adjusting and achieving goals in educational, career, personal, social and spiritual areas. They are available to students in junior and senior high schools.
Registration requirements and information for grade 9 students going into grade 10.
All of the core information is in the attached link Course Registration 2020-2021
Please review and if you still have questions, please see our school counsellor, Mrs. Macgillivray.
COVID-19 Resources (March 2020)
For those seeking assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, here are some local, provincial and federal resources that may be helpful.
COCHRANE SUPPORTS: https://www.cochrane.ca/160/Family-Community-Support-Services
- 2-1-1 (call or text): Community and Social Services Help Line (for basic needs, financial support, food, housing information, etc.)
- 8-1-1 (call): Health Link
- Access Mental Health: 403-943-1500
- Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids: $20 gift cards to grocery stores are available to purchase food. Online request form: https://bb4ck.org/help/
- Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids and the Bro’Kin Yolk: Call any Bro’Kin Yolk location between 8:30 and 10:00am weekdays, and a free lunch will be ready for pick-up at 11:30am.
Signal Hill: 403-685-3316
- Calgary Counselling Centre: 403-691-5991 Please note that only telephone and online counselling are available
- Calgary Food Bank: temporarily closed
- Catholic Family Service: 403-205-5295 Please note that only telephone services are available
- Children’s Cottage: Only available through a Children’s Services referral. Please contact Children’s Services at 403-297-2995.
- Children’s Link: 403-230-9158 services for families of children with special needs
- Community Resource Team (CRT): 403-299-9699 Please note that community visits are suspended, but CRT is still available through telephone, text and chat
- Distress Centre: 403-266-4357 Please note that the call center is closed, with staff working remotely. Support is still available 24/7.
- Eastside Family Centre: 403-299-9696 Please note that only telephone and e-therapy services are available
- Families Matters: session and drop-in services are being postponed. Staff will continue to work remotely with families; families are encouraged to check social media for update
Kid’s Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642